This position is an integral part of our Network Engineering team. We design, implement, and maintain the enterprise network infrastructure for NextEra Energy and its subsidiaries – Florida Power & Light (FPL) and Nextera Entergy Resources (NEER). The position reports directly to the IT Network Manager with a location available in Broward for the right candidate. This position requires experience with Cisco ISE, Cisco Wireless, Cisco SDA, Cisco routers and switches. The right candidate will need to have a deep understanding of modern enterprise networking technologies. In this position, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the clean energy and utility industry as they work to ensure NextEra is the largest and most capable clean energy provider in North America and the best electric utility in the world.
- Maintain network infrastructure security and compliance with all applicable industry and security standards (NERC CIP, PCI, SOX, etc.)
- Understand advances and changes in the technology industry and work directly with equipment manufacturers to assess new technologies and recognize how changes are applied to provide solutions to our business environment, to increase availability, reliability, business agility, or reduce operating costs
- This role is responsible for assisting with the design, leading the implementation, and supporting our enterprise network infrastructure.
- Maintain the availability and integrity of our enterprise network infrastructure, including wired and wireless networks, network security infrastructure, and voice transport infrastructure
- Analyze the business requirements of new projects requested by the FPL or NEER subsidiaries and help design network solutions to support their implementation.
- Subject Matter Expert on Cisco ISE and Wireless technology
- Create as-built design documentation for all new projects and network engineering efforts and ensure they remain up to date as the network evolves
- Act as the highest level of engineering escalation for issues encountered within the voice network environment
- Experience with network management operational tools such as Cisco Prime, Netscout, and IBM Tivoli
- Under limited supervision, contribute in a hands-on manner with the implementation of network infrastructure
Qualification & Experience:
- Certification – Cisco CCNP, CCDP or CCIE
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other advanced science or engineering field
- Other – Experience with Agile methodologies and Kanban systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plantation, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A